Thursday, May 12, 2011

What to do, what to do???

Well, we've been back in America for a month and it's easy to see that my hubby's schedule is not going to be flexible enough any time soon for me to go back to work full-time. He's recently challenged me to earn $10,000 a year, so we can contribute that towards our retirement without penalty, etc. Needless to say, I've been considering the ways I can go about this. Do I substitute teach, start a business around one of my passions, go back to direct sales, or a combination of many things? So many options...

I've toyed with the idea of teaching part-time and putting feelers out at local schools, but to be honest - I don't want to have a set schedule. I want flexibility to be there for everything with my family. In the past, I've had many "direct sales" jobs: Tupperware (at 18!), Creative Memories, & Pampered Chef. I really enjoyed them all; however, never saw them as a true way to earn a living. Maybe it's time for me to buckle down and commit myself to something that I am passionate about!

A good friend has been in touch with me about a brand new company that combines home decorating, food, wine... sounding good so far, right?!? I think I want to go for it and could possibly be the first consultant in the Oklahoma City area. Part of me imagines all the people I can reach out to and build a team with - that triggers my happy place and all the things I want professionally.

I want to do it; however, I don't take things lightly and want to commit myself to success.

Still thinking...

Do you want to join my team? Geez, it sounds like I've made up my mind - LOL :)

No comments: